We keep busy here on our ranch. So I'm always looking for dishes that can be prepared in a hurry but are still filling an tasty. This quick and easy soup is a real winner!
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Tortilla chips, optional
- In a large stockpot, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the next 11 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve with cheese and tortilla chips. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Tex-Mex Chicken Soup in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p29
Reviews for Tex-Mex Chicken Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review