Tex-Mex Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups Tex-Mex Chicken Starter
- 1 package (10 ounces) ready-to-serve salad greens
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 1/3 cup prepared vinaigrette salad dressing
- 1. In a large skillet, saute red pepper in oil until crisp-tender. Add chicken starter; heat through.
- 2. In a salad bowl, combine the greens, tomato, onion and cheese. Top with chicken mixture. In a small bowl, combine salsa and vinaigrette until blended. Serve with salad. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Tex-Mex Chicken Salad
"What is Tex-Mex chicken chicken starter? I live in CA and haven't heard of it. Is there anything you could substitute for it, like maybe chicken taco seasoning mix?"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.