Tex-Mex Chicken Pasta
For a very different treatment, the spicy chicken mixture is coated with a cream sauce and served over hot cooked linguine. "Sometimes I garnish this dish with fresh cilantro and crunchy fried tortilla strips," Nancy notes.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups Tex-Mex Chicken Starter (recipe also in Recipe Finder)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- minced fresh cilantro, optional
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, saute red pepper in oil until crisp-tender. Add the chicken
- starter and corn; heat through. Stir in cream and cheese.
- Cook and stir over medium-low heat until the cheese is melted and
- sauce is thickened. Drain linguine; top with chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle with cilantro if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.