Tex-Mex Chicken Pasta Recipe
For a very different treatment, the spicy chicken mixture is coated with a cream sauce and served over hot cooked linguine. "Sometimes I garnish this dish with fresh cilantro and crunchy fried tortilla strips," Nancy notes.
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups Tex-Mex Chicken Starter
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- minced fresh cilantro, optional
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute red pepper in oil until crisp-tender. Add the chicken starter and corn; heat through. Stir in cream and cheese.
- Cook and stir over medium-low heat until the cheese is melted and sauce is thickened. Drain linguine; top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cilantro if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Tex-Mex Chicken Pasta in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p44
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tex-Mex Chicken Pasta(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >