To make this satisfying main dish, Nancy simply folds the zesty chicken starter into warm four tortillas, then sprinkles them with cool toppings like fresh tomatoes, lettuce and sour cream.
Recommended: 30 Mexican Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups Tex-Mex Chicken Starter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 flour tortillas (7 inches), warmed
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese, shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, sour cream and salsa, optional
- In a large skillet, saute red pepper in oil until crisp-tender. Add chicken starter and water; heat through. Spoon filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half. Serve with the cheese, lettuce, tomato, sour cream and salsa if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tex-Mex Chicken Fajitas in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p44
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Tex-Mex Chicken Fajitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review