Tex-Mex Chicken Fajitas Recipe
To make this satisfying main dish, Nancy simply folds the zesty chicken starter into warm four tortillas, then sprinkles them with cool toppings like fresh tomatoes, lettuce and sour cream.
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups Tex-Mex Chicken Starter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 flour tortillas (7 inches), warmed
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese, shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, sour cream and salsa, optional
- In a large skillet, saute red pepper in oil until crisp-tender. Add chicken starter and water; heat through. Spoon filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half. Serve with the cheese, lettuce, tomato, sour cream and salsa if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tex-Mex Chicken Fajitas in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p44
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Tex-Mex Chicken Fajitas(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fajitas >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >