Tex-Mex Biscuits Recipe
I love cooking with green chilies because they add so much flavor to ordinary dishes. Once while making a pot of chili, I had some green chilies left over and mixed them into my biscuit dough, creating this recipe. The fresh-from-the-oven treats are a wonderful accompaniment to soup or chili. -Angie Trolz, Jackson, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1. In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and milk until a soft dough forms. Stir in cheese and chilies. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- 2. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: about 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 125 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 353 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC