Tex-Mex Biscuits Recipe
I love cooking with green chilies because they add so much flavor to ordinary dishes. Once while making a pot of chili, I had some green chilies left over and mixed them into my biscuit dough, creating this recipe. The fresh-from-the-oven treats are a wonderful accompaniment to soup or chili. -Angie Trolz, Jackson, Michigan
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1. In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and milk until a soft dough forms. Stir in cheese and chilies. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- 2. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: about 1 dozen.
1 each: 125 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 353mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Tex-Mex Biscuits
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC