- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1 envelope burrito seasoning
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 large green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 8 hoagie buns, split
- Cut roast in half. Combine burrito seasoning and cocoa; rub over meat. Place peppers and onion in a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker; top with meat. Combine broth and ketchup; pour over meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Skim fat. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Using a slotted spoon, spoon 1/2 cup onto each bun. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Tex-Mex Beef Sandwiches
Sort By :
I would have to agree with the other 3 star review. With all the seasoning that went into this, it was rather bland. Wasn't bad, but don't see why I would ever choose this recipe over a basic pot roast except for the fact that the veggies were different. I suppose this could be jazzed up with some jalapeno. I didn't even taste the cocoa.
With the amount of burrito seasoning and cocoa powder, I expected the result to have more of a jazzy taste. While this recipe isn't bland, it didn't excite me enough to want to make it again. It's good but not good enough for an encore.