- 1 fresh beef brisket (3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 jar (18 ounces) hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 envelope chili seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 14 hamburger buns, split
- Cut brisket in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, onion, chili seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and lemon juice. Pour over beef. Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove beef; cool slightly. Shred and return to the slow cooker; heat through. Serve on buns. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews for Tex-Mex Beef Barbecues
"Very easy and very good"
"Lynda Zuniga, you mentioned that it was good with ground beef. Can you tell me how much ground beef it used with it?"
"This is very similar to my shredded pork recipe. I do just cook the pork tenderloin by itself in the crockpot all day, then shred (it is falling apart by then) it in the crockpot, add sauce and cook again all day (or all night) the next day. It is VERY tender that way, but this sounds like it would be a bit easier than making a day ahead."
"From the first time I made this, it was a hit with our family. I have made mine with chuck roast and it has worked just as well as brisket."
"My entire family loved this recipe!"
"This was very easy to make and tastes great! I froze the leftovers and they tasted great, too. Will definitely make again."
"This has become a staple at our house. It is a deliciously different BBQ beef sandwich. I follow the recipe pretty much exactly, which is fabulously easy, by the way, except I have my own seasoning blend for chili so I don't use pre-packaged seasonings.My family loves these sandwiches with melted cheese slices. If you don't have buns, just use toasted bread. They are just as good that way, too!!"
"Thank you for this recipe! I cooked my brisket on high for 5 1/2 hours and shredded the beef with no trouble at all. I returned the beef to the crockpot for an additional thirty minutes. This turned out great and is a recipe I will definitely turn to again."
"I cooked the brisket on high for 6 hours but it would not shred. I ended up slicing it instead. The taste was good..would have preferred the "shredding" but my family still enjoyed."