Tex-Mex Beef Barbecues Recipe
I recently took this dish to a potluck, and guests loved it! The recipe came from my mom, and it tastes equally good with ground beef. —Lynda Zuniga, Crystal City, Texas
- 1 fresh beef brisket (3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 jar (18 ounces) hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 envelope chili seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 14 hamburger buns, split
- 1. Cut brisket in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, onion, chili seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and lemon juice. Pour over beef. Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- 3. Remove beef; cool slightly. Shred and return to the slow cooker; heat through. Serve on buns. Yield: 14 servings.
1 sandwich equals 294 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 732 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC