Tex-Mex Bean Dip
For a supper appetizer at your next party, try this delicious recipe. This warm dip will delight all your guests.—Helen Suter, Golconda, Illinois
40 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 bunch green onions (6 onions), chopped, divided
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) green chilies, chopped
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- Tortilla chips
- Set aside 1 tablespoon chopped green onions for garnish. In fondue
- pot or chaffing dish, combine the beans, sour cream, cream cheese,
- shredded cheeses, chilies, taco seasoning and remaining green
- Heat and stir until cheese is melted. Garnish with reserved onions.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips. Yield: 40 appetizer servings.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.