- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup oat bran
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- In a large bowl, combine the egg white, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and mustard. Stir in the oat bran, green pepper, onion, olives, garlic, celery salt, marjoram, sage and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well.
- Pat into a loaf in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 55-65 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165°. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Terrific Turkey Meat Loaf
"This is delicious! I used bread crumbs instead of the oat bran."
"This was really good & different. Made it with one whole egg & one egg white as suggested by another reviewer. Used panko breadcrumbs & green olives. Next time will cut back on green pepper. It was very moist & flavorful."
"I've made this one many times now and it's my favorite turkey loaf. Besides tasting great, it holds together well. My turkey comes in 20 ounce packages so I up all of the other ingredients about 25% as well, except the egg white (1 is enough). I pack this in an oiled loaf pan, top with ketchup and cook uncovered in the oven using a meat thermometer, usually about 1 hour and 15 minutes. The garlic stands out in this so I don't recommend adding any more than called for in the recipe."
"Oh so yummy! I substituted old-fashioned oats because I didn't have oat bran (I've never used it), omitted the olives (we don't like them) & sage (didn't have any home) and used regular salt instead of celery salt. A great recipe to double.~ Theresa"
"I wanted something I could make and store to eat quick for supper. The flavor is really great even though I didn't have marjoram. I added a handful of walnuts and next time will try a handful of dried cranberries too."