Terrific Turkey Enchiladas Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound ground turkey
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place first six ingredients in a food processor; cover and pulse until blended.
- In a large skillet, cook turkey, onion and garlic in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Remove from heat; stir in salsa, cornmeal and seasonings.
- Spoon 1/3 cup turkey mixture down the center of each tortilla; top with 2 tablespoons cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Spoon corn mixture over top; sprinkle with olives and remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews for Terrific Turkey Enchiladas(18)
Sort By :
Love this recipe. I have made this recipe a couple of times and am making it again tonight. Cannot wait for dinner tonight!
Everyone in the house loves this one, even the picky 5-year-old. There's rarely leftovers, and if there are, the husband and I fight over who gets to take them to work the next day.
I've made this recipe a few times. Love the spices and taste, but to combat the dryness I add about a 1/2 cup to 1 cup of taco sauce to the turkey mixture. This definetely helped and tastes great.
I'm always looking for new recipes to shake up my weeknight dinner rut. This one is a keeper! I can't wait to make it again!
I think the reason these won a contest is because they are unique. My husband and I liked them OK, but not enough for me to bother to make again. As far as the topping goes, it was unusual but not at all objectionable. We had these with guacamole on the side, which really helped with the dryness and made the dish more tasty overall.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Turkey >
- Baking Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Enchiladas >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Ground Turkey Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >