Terrific Turkey Enchiladas Recipe
“Enchiladas are a favorite dish in my home, especially to our little girl, who calls them ‘laladas.’ This is a really tasty take on the classic Southwestern dish.”—Jenn Tidwell, Fair Oaks, California
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. Bake: 35 min. YIELD:3 servings
- 1-1/4 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound ground turkey
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Place first six ingredients in a food processor; cover and pulse until blended.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook turkey, onion and garlic in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Remove from heat; stir in salsa, cornmeal and seasonings.
- 3. Spoon 1/3 cup turkey mixture down the center of each tortilla; top with 2 tablespoons cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Spoon corn mixture over top; sprinkle with olives and remaining cheese.
- 4. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 3 servings.
2 enchiladas equals 968 calories, 55 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 155 mg cholesterol, 1,766 mg sodium, 81 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 41 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC