- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook the turkey, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Terrific Turkey Chili
"Easy to make and hearty!"
"This is the tastiest turkey chili I have ever made. I followed the recipe exactly and found it to be very good for most tastes. I prefer just a little more heat so added a shake or two of cayenne. It is thick and hearty. My husband even loved it and that is saying a lot as he really prefers "meat and potatoes" type of meals."
"Very good recipe for chili...i used ground. Round."
"Great taste, easy. I would have liked additional beans and/or turkey."
"I used ground beef, added celery, and only used 3oz of paste. This is the best chilli I've ever tasted!"