- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook the turkey, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings (about 2 quarts).
Reviews for Terrific Turkey Chili
Sort By :
"Very good recipe for chili...i used ground. Round."
"Great taste, easy. I would have liked additional beans and/or turkey."
"I used ground beef, added celery, and only used 3oz of paste. This is the best chilli I've ever tasted!"
"I cooked this recipe in the crock pot and it was outstanding."
"This chili really is terrific. It's hearty, thick and delicious. It reheats nicely too from the freezer. Thanks for an excellent chili recipe!"