I spend the week before Christmas baking a selection fo cakes, cookies and other goodies for friends and family. These candies coudn't be easier.
Amy Short, Lesage, West Virginia
66 ServingsPrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup crushed peppermint candy, flaked coconut or ground nuts
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in
- confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Add chocolate and
- vanilla to cream cheese mixture; beat until blended. Refrigerate for
- 1 hour.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in crushed peppermint, coconut or nuts.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 5
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 64 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 11 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.