Terrific Truffles Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup crushed peppermint candy, flaked coconut or ground nuts
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- 2. In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Add chocolate and vanilla to cream cheese mixture; beat until blended. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 3. Shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in crushed peppermint, coconut or nuts. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 5 dozen.
1 filled pita half: 64 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 11mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Terrific Truffles
"way too sweet....maybe use less confectioners sugar....3 cups is a lot!"