- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup crushed peppermint candy, unsweetened shredded coconut or ground nuts
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Add chocolate and vanilla to cream cheese mixture; beat until blended. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in crushed peppermint, coconut or nuts. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Terrific Truffles in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p72
Reviews for Terrific Truffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2010
"way too sweet....maybe use less confectioners sugar....3 cups is a lot!"