- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup crushed peppermint candy, flaked coconut or ground nuts
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Add chocolate and vanilla to cream cheese mixture; beat until blended. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Roll in crushed peppermint, coconut or nuts. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Terrific Truffles in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p72
Reviews for Terrific Truffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2010
"way too sweet....maybe use less confectioners sugar....3 cups is a lot!"