- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, covered, over medium
- heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or
- until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear,
- brushing occasionally with remaining ketchup mixture.
- Grill or broil pineapple slices for 2-3 minutes on each side or until
- heated through. Serve burgers and pineapple on buns with lettuce and
- tomato. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger equals 386 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 677 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.