Terrific Taco Salad Recipe
I invented this recipe several years ago. It's quick to make, and uses ingredients I usually have on hand in my pantry or refrigerator.—Jeannie Daubar, Todd, North Carolina
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) hot chili beans, undrained
- 4 to 6 cups corn chips
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 6 green onions with tops, chopped
- 1 small avocado, chopped, optional
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives, optional
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Season with salt and pepper; set aside. Heat beans in a small saucepan.
- 2. Divide meat mixture and beans into six portions. Assemble in layers on six plates the following: first layercorn chips; second layerbeef mixture; third layercheese; fourth layerchili beans; fifth layerlettuce; and sixth layertomato, green pepper, onions, avocado and, if desired, olives. Top with a dollop of sour cream; pour salsa over all. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Terrific Taco Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC