Teriyaki Zucchini and Onion
I came up with this dish because I was tired of all of the same dishes. It's quick, easy and uses up extra garden-fresh zucchini.—Cher Conley, Laurel, Montana
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large skillet, saute zucchini and onion in butter for 7-8
- minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Stir in the teriyaki sauce and
- pepper. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup (prepared with reduced-fat butter and reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce) equals 64 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 362 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.