Teriyaki Turkey Meatballs Recipe
We raised turkeys, so I'm always on the lookout for tasty recipes. These meatballs are great hors d'oeurves or as a main dish over noodles or rice.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- Dash ground ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry or additional chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- 1. In a bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, celery, onion, ginger, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12-18 minutes or until no longer pink; drain.
- 2. For sauce, in a saucepan, combine the cornstarch, ginger and broth until smooth. Stir in the soy sauce, sherry or additional broth and juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add meatballs and cook until heated through. Serve over rice or noodles. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 379 calories, 20 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 183 mg cholesterol, 1,658 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC