Teriyaki Turkey Meatballs Recipe
We raised turkeys, so I'm always on the lookout for tasty recipes. These meatballs are great hors d'oeurves or as a main dish over noodles or rice.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- Dash ground ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry or additional chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- 1. In a bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, celery, onion, ginger, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12-18 minutes or until no longer pink; drain.
- 2. For sauce, in a saucepan, combine the cornstarch, ginger and broth until smooth. Stir in the soy sauce, sherry or additional broth and juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add meatballs and cook until heated through. Serve over rice or noodles. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 379 calories, 20g fat (6g saturated fat), 183mg cholesterol, 1658mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Teriyaki Turkey Meatballs
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2010
"Sauce was too salty"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC