- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- Dash ground ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry or additional chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- In a bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, celery, onion, ginger, salt and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12-18 minutes or until no longer pink; drain.
- For sauce, in a saucepan, combine the cornstarch, ginger and broth until smooth. Stir in the soy sauce, sherry or additional broth and juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add meatballs and cook until heated through. Serve over rice or noodles. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Teriyaki Turkey Meatballs in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p173
Reviews for Teriyaki Turkey Meatballs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2010
"Sauce was too salty"