Teriyaki Turkey Burritos Recipe
"This is one of my husband's favorites," says Ellen De Munnik of Chesterfield, Michigan. "Crunchy and delicious, the burritos make a great entree or appetizer."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 12 fat-free flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (16 ounces) broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1. Wrap tortillas tightly in foil. Warm in oven at 350° for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion and garlic over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink; drain. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, stir-fry broccoli in oil for 2 minutes. Add the teriyaki sauce, five-spice powder, garlic powder and pepper; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in cheese and turkey mixture; heat through.
- 3. Spoon about 1/2 cup filling off center on each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over fill and roll up. Place seam side down in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 4. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
2 burritos equals 493 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 982 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 32 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC