"This is one of my husband's favorites," says Ellen De Munnik of Chesterfield, Michigan. "Crunchy and delicious, the burritos make a great entree or appetizer."
- 12 fat-free flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package (16 ounces) broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- Wrap tortillas tightly in foil. Warm in oven at 350° for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion and garlic over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink; drain. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry broccoli in oil for 2 minutes. Add the teriyaki sauce, five-spice powder, garlic powder and pepper; cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in cheese and turkey mixture; heat through.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup filling off center on each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over fill and roll up. Place seam side down in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Teriyaki Turkey Burritos in Light & Tasty April/May 2005, p7
Reviews for Teriyaki Turkey Burritos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review