Teriyaki Turkey Burgers
Basted with a mouthwatering teriyaki sauce, the pineapple-topped burgers are moist, tender and ready in minutes.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple, drained
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, onions, 2 tablespoons
- teriyaki sauce and onion powder. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix
- well. Shape into four 3/4-in. thick patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill patties, covered, over medium
- heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or
- until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Brush
- with remaining teriyaki sauce during the last 5 minutes.
- Grill or broil pineapple slices for 3-4 minutes on each side or until
- heated through. Serve burgers and pineapple on buns. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 472 calories, 21 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 130 mg cholesterol, 1,107 mg sodium,