Teriyaki Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple, drained
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, onions, 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce and onion powder. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four 3/4-in. thick patties.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill patties, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Brush with remaining teriyaki sauce during the last 5 minutes.
- 3. Grill or broil pineapple slices for 3-4 minutes on each side or until heated through. Serve burgers and pineapple on buns. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 472 calories, 21g fat (6g saturated fat), 130mg cholesterol, 1107mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein
Reviews for Teriyaki Turkey Burgers
"I liked it fine, but my DH did not like it at all."
"My mom loves beef and wasnt sure about he turkey, but it's healthy and so good! We love it!"
"Although we usually use ground beef, these are my family's favorite burger recipe. The pineapple on top is wonderful!"
"I used egg beater and whole grain bread crumbs and it still turned out yummy. Definitely going to make again!"
"We just made these last weekend, and we can't wait to make these again! They were very moist and had great flavor. Definitely a winner!"
"These were fabulous!"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.