Teriyaki Turkey Breast
Marinating this turkey breast overnight gives it great flavor and a juicy tenderness. "This is the best turkey you will ever eat," assures Marvin Hayes from Delano, Minnesota. Leftovers-if there are any-taste terrific in the two delicious dishes that follow.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 2 hours + standing
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sherry or apple juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (8 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 1 cup
- marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the turkey. Seal
- bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate
- remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place turkey on a rack in a shallow
- roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or
- until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting every 30 minutes
- with reserved marinade. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Yield: 8-10 servings plus carcass and 3 cups cubed leftover meat.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer