Teriyaki Turkey Breast Recipe
Marinating this turkey breast overnight gives it great flavor and a juicy tenderness. "This is the best turkey you will ever eat," assures Marvin Hayes from Delano, Minnesota. Leftovers-if there are any-taste terrific in the two delicious dishes that follow.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 2 hours + standing YIELD:8-10 servings
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sherry or apple juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (8 pounds)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Place turkey on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting every 30 minutes with reserved marinade. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8-10 servings plus carcass and 3 cups cubed leftover meat.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC