- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sherry or apple juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (8 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place turkey on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting every 30 minutes with reserved marinade. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8-10 servings plus carcass and 3 cups cubed leftover meat.
Reviews for Teriyaki Turkey Breast
"One of the best turkey recipe I served with my family. This is very delicious, perfect for my Plainville Farms turkey. I make sure that my turkey is antibiotic-free and humanely-raised. Meat is flavorful, tender and juicy."
"I've been cooking turkey breasts for many years. This is the absolute best method I have EVER tasted! I have given this recipe to everyone I know and they love it! The moisture and the texture of the meat is phenominal! I used undiluted frozen apple juice in place of sherry."
"The flavor is amazing!"