Teriyaki Tuna Steaks Recipe
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sherry or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 4 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Remove 1/3 cup to a small bowl for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add tuna. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill tuna, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 338 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 484mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 52g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 5 lean meat.
Reviews for Teriyaki Tuna Steaks
"Great go to healthy meal! Delicious!"
"Quick, easy, delicious; broiled and served with fruit rice."
"These were really good!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.