- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sherry or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons DOLE® Canned 100% Pineapple Juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 4 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Remove 1/3 cup to a small bowl for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add tuna. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill tuna, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Teriyaki Tuna Steaks in Light & Tasty April/May 2002, p42
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Teriyaki Tuna Steaks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 29, 2015
"Great go to healthy meal! Delicious!"
Reviewed Dec. 3, 2012
"Quick, easy, delicious; broiled and served with fruit rice."
Reviewed Oct. 4, 2009
"These were really good!"