Teriyaki Steak with Crunchy Onions and Peppers
Steaks may also be broiled.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Grill: 15 min. + marinating
- 4 boneless beef top loin steaks (1 inch thick)
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1-1/3 cups (2.8 ounces) French's® Original French Fried Onions
- Place steaks in a large resealable heavy-duty plastic bag: pour
- teriyaki sauce over steaks. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate
- 30 minutes or up to 3 hours.
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook mushrooms until
- golden brown. Add pepper strips and cook 3 minuets or until tender.
- Keep warm.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Drain
- and discard teriyaki sauce from steaks. Place beef over direct heat.
- Grill, covered, over high heat 15 minutes for medium doneness,
- turning once. Place steaks on serving plates. Stir onions into
- mushroom-pepper mixture; spoon over steaks. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet