In Birch Tree, Missouri, Sandra Burgess layers submarine sandwiches rolls with a seasoned mixture of sirloin strips, sliced peppers and sweet pineapple rings. The interesting flavors in these meaty sandwiches blend quite nicely.
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 pineapple slices
- 4 hoagie buns, split and toasted
- In a large bowl, combine steak sauce, brown sugar, soy sauce and ginger; set aside. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the steak, peppers and onion in oil for 5 minutes Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in reserved sauce; top with pineapple.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through. Spoon meat mixture onto rolls; top each with two pineapple slices. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Teriyaki Steak Subs in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p44
Reviews for Teriyaki Steak Subs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review