Teriyaki Steak Skewers
When these flavorful skewered steaks are sizzling on the grill, the aroma makes everyone around stop what they're doing and come to see what's cooking. The tasty marinade is easy to make, and these little steaks are quick to cook and fun to eat.
-Jeri Dobrowski, Beach, North Dakota
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight
- ingredients. Trim fat from steak and slice across the grain into
- 1/2-in. strips. Add the beef to bag; seal bag and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Loosely thread meat strips onto six metal
- or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for
- 7-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning often.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 skewer equals 190 calories, 7 g fat (0 saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 725 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.