Teriyaki Steak Skewers Recipe
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-in.-thick strips
- 1. In a large bowl, mix first eight ingredients; toss with beef. Refrigerate, covered, 2-3 hours.
- 2. Thread beef strips, weaving back and forth, onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers; discard marinade. Grill beef, uncovered, over medium heat until desired doneness, 6-9 minutes, turning occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
1 skewer: 222 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 452mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 4 lean meat.
Reviews for Teriyaki Steak Skewers
"I've used this recipe for years. It's a great dish for cook-out company, but equally good for a family meal. Really delicious!"
"The marinade on these was great. I forgot to soak my skewers, so we ended up eating these like steak strips. As long as you remember to marinade, this makes for a quick meal."
"Really good, easy and quick. Don't even need to add sauce or anything after grilling."
"These were excellent. I have 3 daughters all under the age of 8. They loved them. I'm thrilled when I can find something quick, easy & liked by all."
"We eat these OFTEN, my family LOVES them!"
"This one went over extremely well with my somewhat picky daughter and my extremely picky husband. Fried rice would make a great accompaniment."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.