- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients. Trim fat from steak and slice across the grain into 1/2-in. strips. Add the beef to bag; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade. Loosely thread meat strips onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 7-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning often. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Teriyaki Steak Skewers
"The marinade on these was great. I forgot to soak my skewers, so we ended up eating these like steak strips. As long as you remember to marinade, this makes for a quick meal."
"Really good, easy and quick. Don't even need to add sauce or anything after grilling."
"I just made this recipe for dinner tonight. It was so delicious! Even my picky eaters loved it. The marinade was so light and flavorful. It was a great, very quick and easy fall meal. I wish I had this recipe at the beginning of the summer. I can't wait to try it on chicken and burgers as well."
"These were excellent. I have 3 daughters all under the age of 8. They loved them. I'm thrilled when I can find something quick, easy & liked by all."
"We eat these OFTEN, my family LOVES them!"