- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-in.-thick strips
- In a large bowl, mix first eight ingredients; toss with beef. Refrigerate, covered, 2-3 hours.
- Thread beef strips, weaving back and forth, onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers; discard marinade. Grill beef, uncovered, over medium heat until desired doneness, 6-9 minutes, turning occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Teriyaki Steak Skewers
"I've used this recipe for years. It's a great dish for cook-out company, but equally good for a family meal. Really delicious!"
"The marinade on these was great. I forgot to soak my skewers, so we ended up eating these like steak strips. As long as you remember to marinade, this makes for a quick meal."
"We eat these OFTEN, my family LOVES them!"
"This one went over extremely well with my somewhat picky daughter and my extremely picky husband. Fried rice would make a great accompaniment."