- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups cold cooked rice
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen peas and pearl onions
- Place steak in a large resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, whisk 1/2 cup soy sauce, vinegar, honey, ginger and garlic. Pour half of the marinade over steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 7-9 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, transfer reserved marinade to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Pour eggs into skillet. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are completely cooked, remove to plate. Chop eggs into small pieces; set aside.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry rice in remaining butter over medium-high heat. Stir in the peas, onions and remaining soy sauce.
- Add eggs; cook and stir until heated through. Thinly slice steak across the grain; serve over rice. Drizzle with sauce mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Teriyaki Steak
Sort By :
Very good flavor!
This was so delicious. Will definitely make this again!
One of my hubby's favorite meals
oops forgot the 5 stars...
This is so delish!! Do make exra sauce, it's so good!