Teriyaki Sirloin Steak Recipe
Since a co-worker shared this recipe with me, I seldom make steak any other way. It's an excellent entree for folks like my husband who really savor tasty meat, and it's earned me many compliments on my cooking.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min. YIELD:4-6 servings
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak (3/4 inch thick)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add the steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4-6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC