Teriyaki Sirloin Steak Recipe
Since a co-worker shared this recipe with me, I seldom make steak any other way. It's an excellent entree for folks like my husband who really savor tasty meat, and it's earned me many compliments on my cooking.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak (3/4 inch thick)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add the steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4-6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC