Teriyaki Sirloin Steak
Since a co-worker shared this recipe with me, I seldom make steak any other way. It's an excellent entree for folks like my husband who really savor tasty meat, and it's earned me many compliments on my cooking.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak (3/4 inch thick)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients;
- add the steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat
- for 5-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness
- (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 4-6 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.