Teriyaki Shish Kabobs Recipe
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/2 inches thick and 2 pounds), cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, trimmed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 to 3 small zucchini, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 pound pearl onions
- 1 large green or sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Combine first five ingredients in a large resealable plastic bag; reserving half the marinade. Add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate reserved marinade
- Drain and discard marinade from beef. Thread the meat, pineapple and vegetables alternately on metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Grill over hot heat for 15-20 minutes, turning often, or until meat reaches desired doneness and vegetables are tender.
- In a small saucepan, bring reserved marinade to a boil; boil for 1 minute. Remove the meat and vegetables from skewers; serve with marinade. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Teriyaki Shish Kabobs(9)
Sort By :
Tried this recepe over the weekend. amazing reciepe. A must try one.
My wife gifted me this Kabobeque bbq gril and i tried this recipe on it. Came out great.
I made this on stainless steel skewers which came with the kabobeque grill (kabobeque.com). Keep up the good reciepes :)
I love grilling! Very simple, and good recipe. I used half white and half brown sugar
Very good - the sauce sticks well to the meat and used to baste as it cooked so the veggies were very flavorful. Might try brown sugar next time. Definitely a keeper for shish kabobs and would be great with chicken too.
My kids love these too! Every time I grill this is what they want me to make.
A dead simple marinade with great results. The ketchup in the marinade makes it thicker than most, so it clings to the meat well. I used beef tenderloin, and marinated it overnight. Next time I will try it on chicken. Makes a lot of marinade, plenty to do double the amount of beef in the recipe, plus all the vegetables.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Kabobs >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >
- Grilled Fruit >
- Grilled Kabobs >
- Grilled Mushrooms >
- Grilled Pineapple >
- Grilled Steak Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Dinners >