- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 2 to 3 small zucchini, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms
- 1 large green or sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- For marinade, mix first five ingredients. Place beef and half of the marinade in a large resealable plastic bag; seal bag and turn to coat. Cover and reserve remaining marinade. Refrigerate beef and marinade overnight.
- On metal or soaked wooden skewers, thread vegetables and, separately, thread beef with pineapple. Discard remaining marinade in bag. Grill, covered, over medium heat until vegetables are tender and beef reaches desired doneness, 12-15 minutes, turning occasionally.
- In a small saucepan, bring reserved marinade to a boil, stirring occasionally; cook 1 minute. Remove vegetables, pineapple and beef from skewers before serving. Serve with sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Teriyaki Shish Kabobs
"Very good! I took away a star only because the ketchup flavor what quite strong in the sauce, more than I'd like. However, it was still a good dish and I'd still make it again!"
"made several times...."
"AN EASY,quick RECIPE.I USED BEEF,PORK,AND chicken, PINEAPPLE,RED BELL PEPPER,VIDALIA ONIONS,CHERRY TOMATOES,AND WHOLE MUSHROOMS CUT IN HALF.JUST USE STORE BOUGHT TERYAKI SAUCE,MIXED GARLIC POWDER AND BLACK PEPPER.MARINATE ALL MEATS,IN A GAL.ZIP LOCK BAG,4 TO 5 HRS.PUT ON SKEWER STAGGERING MEAT N VEGGIES.I HAVE A STANDARD ROUND WEBBER GRILL.GRILL OVER INDIRECT HEAT FOR 30 TO 45 MIN.BRUSH MARINATE OVER KABOBS WHILE GRILLING EVERY SO OFTEN.ABSOLUTLY THE BOMB.A MOST DEFINATE TRY.EVERY ONE THAT ATE IT IS WANDERING WHEN IM GONNA DO IT AGAIN. THEY LOVED IT!"
"I USED,PORK.BEEF,& chicken,PINEAPPLE,RED BELL PEPPERS,MUSHROOMS,VIDALIA ONION,CHERRY TOMATOES.I MARINATED MEAT IN A GAL. ZIP LOCK BAG FOR 4TO 5 HOURS.JUST USED STORE BOUGHT TERIAKY SAUCE ADDED GARLIC POWDER,MIX TOGETHER.SKEWER HOW YOU WANT STAGERING MEAT AND VEGGIES.GRILL FOR 30 TO 45 MIN. I HAVE A WEBBER ROUND GRILL. TIME OF COOK VARIES DEPENDING ON WHAT KIND OF GRILL YOU HAVE.GRILL WITH INDIRECT HEAT.ABSOLUTLY AWESOME.A MUST TRY."
"family really enjoys this recipe . i use red onion instead of pearl onions ."
"Amazing recipe, made it this weekend for father's day.Everyone loved it. My wife gifted me this this kabob bbq grill called "kabobeque" , it has these 10 rotating stainless steel skewers, i made this recipe on it, the automatic rotating skewers took this recipe to a new level of perfection.The marinade was delicious,Great!! the grill my wife gifted me was from www.kabobeque.com.Thanks for the amazing recipe!!"
"I love grilling! Very simple, and good recipe. I used half white and half brown sugar"
"Very good - the sauce sticks well to the meat and used to baste as it cooked so the veggies were very flavorful. Might try brown sugar next time. Definitely a keeper for shish kabobs and would be great with chicken too."