My father worked for an airline in the 1960's, when I was a teenager, and my family lived on the island of Guam in the South Pacific. A friend of Mother's there gave her this wonderful recipe. We ate this delicious warm-weather dish often, and now I prepare it for my family. —Suzanne Pelegrin, Ocala, Florida
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/2 inches thick and 2 pounds), cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, trimmed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 to 3 small zucchini, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 pound medium fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 pound pearl onions
- 1 large green or sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Combine first five ingredients in a large resealable plastic bag; reserving half the marinade. Add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate reserved marinade
- Drain and discard marinade from beef. Thread the meat, pineapple and vegetables alternately on metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Grill over hot heat for 15-20 minutes, turning often, or until meat reaches desired doneness and vegetables are tender.
- In a small saucepan, bring reserved marinade to a boil; boil for 1 minute. Remove the meat and vegetables from skewers; serve with marinade. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Teriyaki Shish Kabobs in Taste of Home June/July 1994, p25
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Teriyaki Shish Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review