Teriyaki Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck steak
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 French rolls, split
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Pineapple rings
- Chopped green onions
- 1. Cut steak into thin bite-size slices. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the soy sauce, sugar, ginger and garlic. Add steak. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove meat with a slotted spoon; set aside. Carefully pour liquid into a 2-cup measuring cup; skim fat. Add water to liquid to measure 1-1/2 cups.
- 3. Pour into a large saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to pan. Cook and stir until thick and bubbly, about 2 minutes. Add meat and heat through.
- 4. Brush rolls with butter; broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly toasted. Fill with meat, pineapple and green onions. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 427 calories, 19g fat (8g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 875mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein
Reviews for Teriyaki Sandwiches
"I often am looking for more venison recipes so im going to try this. What cut of meat from the deer would u suggest?"
"I like to double this recipe and when the meat has cooked for the 7 hours I then shred the beef. Instead of the liquid in the meat since that soaks into the beef I drain the pineapple juice into the measuring cup and do not double this part of the recipe. If I need to add a little water I do, but 2 cans of pineapple have enough juice. Yummy!"
"I love this recipe and use it alot - mine has never dried out. I do use low sodium soy sauce since I found it salty the first time, but otherwise excellent and very easy."
"I don't know if the liquid quantities were incorrect, but making this in the crockpot, I ended up with 2 pounds of dried up steak that was beyond rescuable."