Teriyaki Sandwiches Recipe
The meat for these sandwiches comes out of the slow cooker tender and flavorful. Living as we do in the foothills of the Cascades, we frequently have deer and elk in the freezer. I sometimes substitute that in this recipe, and it never tastes like game. -Bernice Muilenburg, Molalla, Oregon
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck steak
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 French rolls, split
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Pineapple rings
- Chopped green onions
- 1. Cut steak into thin bite-size slices. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the soy sauce, sugar, ginger and garlic. Add steak. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove meat with a slotted spoon; set aside. Carefully pour liquid into a 2-cup measuring cup; skim fat. Add water to liquid to measure 1-1/2 cups.
- 3. Pour into a large saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to pan. Cook and stir until thick and bubbly, about 2 minutes. Add meat and heat through.
- 4. Brush rolls with butter; broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly toasted. Fill with meat, pineapple and green onions. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 427 calories, 19 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 875 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Reviews for Teriyaki Sandwiches
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC