Teriyaki Salmon with Sesame Ginger Rice Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 6 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup reduced-calorie pancake syrup
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sesame ginger salad dressing
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, place salmon fillets in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Combine syrup and teriyaki sauce; spoon 1/3 cup mixture over fillets.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting frequently with remaining syrup mixture.
- 3. In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Add spinach and cooked rice; saute 2 minutes longer. Stir in dressing; heat through. Serve with salmon. Yield: 6 servings.
1 fillet with 3/4 cup rice equals 412 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 675 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.