Teriyaki Salmon Burgers Recipe
- 1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic pepper blend
- 1 salmon fillet (1 pound), skin removed and cubed
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 6 teaspoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices
- 1 red onion slice, separated into rings
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients; add salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Place salmon in a food processor. Add bread crumbs; cover and process until blended. Shape into four patties; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 3. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill patties, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-7 minutes. Turn and grill or broil 3-5 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140°.
- 4. Spread 1-1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise on each bun. Serve patties on buns with lettuce, tomato and onion. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 383 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 565mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Reviews for Teriyaki Salmon Burgers
"My 13 year old suggested we make "teriyaki salmon sliders" while we were at the fish counter at the grocery store. We thought we'd just cut the filets into small pieces, but I found this recipe & I am so glad we did! Easy enough, although we weren't prepared for the refrigeration steps for the marinade & after forming the burgers (we cheated a bit). Now I know to plan a bit ahead. Even our picky 7 year old liked them. This will be a go-to recipe for sure!"
"This recipe is delicious and easy. Took these burgers to a cookout and they were a hit! I"m making this a second time today. It's a keeper."