Teriyaki Pulled Pork Sandwiches
The aroma of pork roast slowly cooking in pineapple juice and teriyaki sauce is wonderful when you come home after a busy day!
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced pineapple, drained
- Cut roast in half. In a large skillet, brown roast in oil; place in a
- 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the onion, 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce and
- pineapple juice. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until meat
- is tender.
- Remove roast; set aside. In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining
- teriyaki sauce until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Cover and
- cook on high for 30-40 minutes or until thickened.
- Shred meat with two forks; return to the slow cooker and heat
- through. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each bun; top with a pineapple slice.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Blush Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as