- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced pineapple, drained
- Cut roast in half. In a large skillet, brown roast in oil; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the onion, 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce and pineapple juice. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast; set aside. In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining teriyaki sauce until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Cover and cook on high for 30-40 minutes or until thickened.
- Shred meat with two forks; return to the slow cooker and heat through. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each bun; top with a pineapple slice. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Teriyaki Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Sort By :
"To ensure the meat is not to salty, make sure you are using the low sodium Teriyaki sauce."
"The pork was very flavorful, easy to make. follow this recipe exactly as it's printed and you'll not be disappointed."
"I agree with DrDoom77 that it's way too salty for me but beyond that, the flavor was OK."
"It's ok, but way too salty for my taste, though the pineapple slices help with that."
"I used a pork shoulder roast because it was cheaper. It was a little mushy, but I had overcooked it because I was gone longer than expected. I would cook it again!"