Teriyaki-Portobello Pork Loin Recipe
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 envelope (3/4 ounce) mushroom gravy mix
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Cut roast in half. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and steak seasoning. Add pork, one portion at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown roast in 1 tablespoon oil on all sides. Transfer meat and drippings to a 4-qt slow cooker. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in remaining oil until tender; add to slow cooker.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the water, teriyaki sauce and gravy mix; pour over top. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until pork is tender.
- 4. Remove pork to a serving platter and keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a large saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork and rice. Yield: 8 servings.
5 ounces cooked pork with 1/2 cup gravy (calculated without rice) equals 308 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 852 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Reviews for Teriyaki-Portobello Pork Loin
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.