Teriyaki-Portobello Pork Loin Recipe
My family loves my teriyaki pork roast and begs for more! The slow cooker does most of the work, and when I get home from school the whole house smells wonderful. Since I serve it with instant rice and frozen vegetables, I'm only five minutes from sitting down to a home cooked meal.Lori Harris, Montgomery City, Missouri
- 1 boneless Pork Loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 envelope (3/4 ounce) mushroom gravy mix
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Hot cooked rice
- Cut roast in half. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and steak seasoning. Add pork, one portion at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown roast in 1 tablespoon oil on all sides. Transfer meat and drippings to a 4-qt slow cooker. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in remaining oil until tender; add to slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine the water, teriyaki sauce and gravy mix; pour over top. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until pork is tender.
- Remove pork to a serving platter and keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a large saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork and rice. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Teriyaki-Portobello Pork Loin in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p97
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Teriyaki-Portobello Pork Loin(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Roast Recipes >
- Pork Slow Cooker Recipes >