Teriyaki Pork Roast Recipe
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (about 3 pounds), halved
- 7-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1. In a greased 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first seven ingredients. Add roast and turn to coat. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove pork to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with meat. Yield: 8 servings.
4 ounces cooked pork: 247 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Teriyaki Pork Roast
"This turned out very well. It was moist and tender. The family liked it. It smelled really good as it cooked, but the flavor was not overpowering. I'll make it again."
"I usually just use bottled teriyaki sauce. As one of my dear friends would say "this was really quite nice". That is high praise. The only change I made was to use Splenda rather than real sugar. For my husband and I, we now have three more meals to look forward to."
"I tried just using teriyaki sauce from a bottle when I was in a hurry but this was better. I used orange juice and liked the taste."
"Very good. My family really likes this and so do I as it is so easy to put in and come home to a great meal."
"Everyone loves this recipe. I use 2 pork tenderloins instead of a roast. I've also used orange juice when I didn't have apple juice available, with great results. One of my all-time favorite slow-cooker recipes."
"This is my favorite pork roast. Everytime I make it people love it! Patty"
"This should be deleted, double entry but it won't let me !!!!!!!!"
"This is very good. Just what I was looking for, good flavor"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.