Teriyaki Pork Roast Recipe
- 3/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (about 3 pounds), halved
- 7-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1. In a greased 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first seven ingredients. Add roast and turn to coat. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove pork to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with meat. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 292 calories, 12 g fat (0 saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 36 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4-1/2 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Teriyaki Pork Roast
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.