Teriyaki Pork Roast
How good is this dish? Well, Debbie Dunaway in Kettering, Ohio says it’s the only kind of meat her two young kids will eat and enjoy—other than hot dogs! It's also incredibly easy to make and simply delicious!
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 6-1/4 hours
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Cut roast in half; rub with brown sugar. Place in a 5-qt. slow
- cooker. Pour apple juice and soy sauce over roast. Sprinkle with
- salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until
- meat is tender.
- Remove roast; cover and keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices. Mix
- cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juices. Cover and cook
- on high for 15 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 545 calories, 21 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 194 mg cholesterol, 945 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 56 g protein.