Teriyaki Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Cut roast in half; rub with brown sugar. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Pour apple juice and soy sauce over roast. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast; cover and keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices. Mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juices. Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Teriyaki Pork Roast(26)
Sort By :
This is a favorite. I do cook it for the full eight hours. I also use regular Mott's Apple Juice instead of unsweetened. When I remove the roast I do take off an excess fat before covering to rest for the 15 minutes. I then strain the juices into the pan to catch any extra fat and then I boil the liquid with the cornstarch and cold water in a pan on the stove. I shredded the pork after it has set and put it back into the slow cooker and mix the sauce in and serve as pulled pork either plain or on sandwiches. Delicious!
It was very greasy and I even cut some of the fat off the roast. The gravy, however, was very good but I don't think I'll be making this again.
It was excellent. I used pork tenderloin and added sweet potatoes. Great flavor!
The family loved it, even the picky ones. I will make this again!
Awesome and so very easy to throw together!!!!
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >