Teriyaki Pork Kabobs for Two Recipe
- 2-1/4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 medium fresh mushrooms
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and brown sugar. Stir in the broth, soy sauce, garlic and ginger until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Set aside half of the sauce for serving; keep warm.
- 2. On four metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the pork, mushrooms and onion. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, basting frequently with remaining sauce and turning once.
- 3. Place a tomato on the end of each kabob. Grill 1-2 minutes longer or until tomatoes are heated through, turning occasionally. Serve with reserved sauce and rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 210 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 577mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable
Reviews for Teriyaki Pork Kabobs for Two
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.