Teriyaki Pineapple & Pork Chops Recipe
- 1 cup DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1. Place pineapple juice in a large resealable plastic bag; add pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Combine the rosemary, garlic powder, salt and pepper; sprinkle over chops.
- 3. Peel and core pineapple; cut into eight spears. Grill chops and pineapple, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145° and pineapple is tender, basting occasionally with teriyaki sauce. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- 4. Arrange spinach on a serving platter; serve with pineapple and chops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 1-1/2 cups spinach and 2 pineapple spears equals 433 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 1,644 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 41 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.